South Carolina ETV is the state's public educational broadcasting network. Using television, radio and the web, ETV's mission is to enrich lives by educating children, informing and connecting citizens, celebrating our culture and environment and instilling the joy of learning. ETV provides national and local content to classrooms via internet services Knowitall.org, LearningWhy, and PBS Learning Media. SCETV also provides teacher training and re-certification in face-to-face and online settings. SCETV currently presents A Chef’s Life, Expeditions, Reel South, and For Your Home on public television in addition to national radio productions Song Travels, Piano Jazz and Chamber Music from Spoleto Festival USA. SCETV began in 1958 in the library of Dreher High School in Columbia, SC teaching French and Plane Geometry classes to multiple schools via closed-circuit. Today the network comprises 11 TV stations, eight radio stations, and a statewide tower network that serves schools, hospitals, and emergency management teams.
Our 11 TV stations provide a total of 26,280 hours of educational programs each year on three channels.
- ETV-HD is our primary channel featuring local and national programs, including everything from "Carolina Stories" and “Palmetto Scene” to "Masterpiece Theatre" and “NOVA.” It also features the bulk of ETV’s daily children’s shows, offered as a safe-haven for parents looking for quality educational programming.
- The South Carolina Channel features SC-specific history, arts and nature programming, as well as the CreateTV block of crafts, cooking and home improvement programs.
- ETV World brings viewers public affairs programs on local and national issues, and is the home of ETV's State House coverage.
- SCETV PBS Kids features 24/7 children's programming from PBS Kids.
- Allendale Channel 14 (WEBA)
- Beaufort Channel 16 (WJWJ)
- Charleston Channel 7 (WITV)
- Columbia Channel 35 (WRLK)
- Conway Channel 23 (WHMC)
- Florence Channel 33 (WJPM)
- Greenville Channel 29 (WNTV)
- Greenwood Channel 38 (WNEH)
- Rock Hill Channel 30 (WNSC)
- Spartanburg Channel 49 (WRET)
- Sumter Channel 27 (WRJA)
South Carolina Public Radio provides a total of 17,520 hours of radio programming each year, including local and national programs.
South Carolina Public Radio news stations include:
- Aiken/Augusta: 89.1 FM (WLJK)
- Beaufort/Hilton Head: 89.9 (WJWJ)
- Conway/Myrtle Beach: 90.1 FM (WHMC)
- Rock Hill/Charlotte: 88.9 FM (WNSC)
- Sumter/Columbia: 88.1 (WRJA)
Our three classical stations focus on music programs, such as Performance Today and Echoes. Locally-produced content includes Carolina Live, Spoleto Chamber Music Series and Marian McPartland’s Piano Jazz, a series that has been a mainstay on national public radio for 30 years.
South Carolina Public Radio classical stations include:
- Charleston: 89.3 FM (WSCI)
- Columbia: 91.3 FM (WLTR)
- Greenville/Spartanburg: 90.1 FM (WEPR)
SCETV joins with other public media organizations nationwide in adopting and supporting the Public Media Code of Integrity.