Give Me Shelter
April 27 through May 3
"Give Me Shelter," is a week-long series of television programs focusing on homelessness in the Palmetto State. Airing on ETV from April 27 through May 3, the series features local specials, documentaries, and in-studio forums on the issue of homelessness, and includes resources available for aid.
Approximately 3.5 million people in the U.S., 1.35 million of them children, are likely to experience homelessness in a given year. And in a recent one-day count by the S.C. Coalition for the Homeless, there were 5,430 adults and 1,329 children for a total of 6,759 homeless in the state.
Give Me Shelter Schedule
- Thursday, May 15
- 9 p.m. - Give Me Shelter:“No Place To Call Home”
- Friday, May 16
- 10 p.m. - Give Me Shelter: "Down But Not Out"
- Thursday, May 22
- 9:30 p.m. - Give Me Shelter: "A Community Responds"
- Wednesday, May 28
- 7:00 p.m. - Give Me Shelter: ETV Forum: Homelessness
- Saturday, May 31
- 8:00 p.m. - Give Me Shelter: Lost and Found