ETV at a Glance
Explore these ETV links and resources:
Since 2003, ETV has partnered with PBS TeacherLine to bring high-quality, online professional development to S.C. educators. As the premier provider of research and standards-based online education for preK-12 educators, PBS TeacherLine offers more than 80 online courses in science, technology, social studies, math, reading/language arts, STEM, and instructional strategies. To date, S.C. educators in every public school district and many private schools have taken more than 7,000 TeacherLine courses earning S.C. Renewal Credits, PACE credits, ePortfolio technology credits, and graduate credits.
All PBS TeacherLine courses:
- Contain standards-based content from recognized experts in the field
- Use best practices for integrating technology into the curriculum
- Incorporate research-based instructional design
- Feature authentic tasks with real-world applications
- Include the rich use of technologies such as video, audio and interactives to make learning come alive
- Are facilitated by highly qualified educators who guide discussions and provide feedback
Recent PBS TeacherLine awards include the 2012 AEP Distinguished Achievement Award for Professional Development; the 2011 Ed Tech Digest Cool Tool Awards for Best PD Solution and Best STEM Solution; and the 2010 Scholastic Administr@tor Best in Tech Award for Professional Development.
“The discussions and content of these courses are real-world interactions that may be used right away in your own classroom. Most learners begin our courses with recertification as their goal; however by the end of the course, learners leave with many goals and tools added to their teacher “toolbox” as well as a renewed excitement in education.” Alethea Setser, Charleston County Schools educator and PBS TeacherLine facilitator since 2003
Learn more about PBS TeacherLine courses, and view the 39 courses aligned to Common Core State Standards, at www.teacherlinesoutheast.org, or call 800-277-0829.