Summer Paid Internships With ETV and ETV Radio
The highly competitive ETV Endowment Internship program for college students has been in existence since 1980. At least seven internships, all funded by the ETV Endowment of South Carolina, are available with ETV and ETV Radio each summer. Students will be required to work 10, 40-hour weeks in a professional department at ETV or at Clemson University. The weekly salary is $200.00. Beginning and ending dates are flexible. Assignments will be based on the needs of ETV and ETV Radio.
ETV, ETV Radio and the Endowment work together to help public media meet educational challenges. ETV is South Carolina's statewide network with 11 television stations, eight radio stations and a closed-circuit educational telecommunications system in more than 2,000 schools, colleges, businesses and government agencies. ETV uses the power of TV, radio, satellite and the Internet to advance education, culture and citizenship. With our award-winning local productions, such as Making it Grow!, Walter Edgar's Journal, Carolina Stories, Southern Lens and the public affairs series, Palmetto Scene, ETV is committed to showcasing the people, places, history and beauty of South Carolina.
The ETV Endowment is a 501(c)(3) public charity. Chartered in 1977, the Endowment exists solely to support the work of ETV and ETV Radio.
Seven paid internships were provided by the ETV Endowment for ETV in 2013. Colleges and universities represented included:
- Lillian White, Oberlin College (Content)
- Jude Fox, University of South Carolina (ETV Radio)
- Meredith Head, Clemson University (Public Media)
- Djeki Bidjerano, American University (Engineering)
- Emmie Harvin, Clemson University (Making It Grow!)
- Kaitlyn Park, University of Georgia (Digital Media/Web)
- Laketra Cureton, USC-Upstate (ETV Upstate)
Here's what a few of our 2013 interns had to say about the program:
Intern Selection Criteria - Who may apply?
- South Carolina residents who currently attend a college or university in South Carolina or an out-of-state college or university
- Out-of-state residents who currently attend a South Carolina college or university
- High school students, college freshmen and graduating seniors are not eligible.
What factors are considered?
- Career interest in television or radio
- Scholastic record/experience
- Participation in extra-curricular activities
- Writing skills
If you are unable to apply online, request an application by calling (864) 591-0046 or toll-free 877-253-2092. All applications must be received at the ETV Endowment office by February 7, 2014. Internships Announced in April 2014