ETV Public Services Network
About ETV Public Services Network
For over 25 years, ETV has provided training to South Carolina's law enforcement and legal services personnel. In 1995, building on this innovative history, ETV launched the Public Services Network, providing another link in the information highway. As members of PSN, law enforcement officers, emergency medical personnel, magistrates, fire fighters and other public safety officers in every corner of South Carolina have access right in their own communities to training opportunities offered by ETV's newest technology .
By cutting down on the expense of travel and overtime, PSN saves taxpayer dollars and, at the same time, offer quality training programs for the public service agencies charged with the protection and safety of South Carolina's families.
How To Become a Member of PSN:
- Request a satellite installation site survey for an estimate of costs.
- Once the decision is made by your locale to proceed, simply provide ETV with a purchase order. The cost will always be less than $5,000!
- With a purchase order in hand, ETV coordinates the entire installation, with all equipment purchased by ETV from state contracts using ETV-approved contractors.
- After the dish is installed, you will receive your new member's packet and instructions on the operation of your satellite receiver.
- You're now a member of PSN without any additional fees or cost to you.
Advantages of Membership:
- Quarterly PSN newsletter.
- Access to six PSN update programs yearly, covering all areas of public service including criminal justice, fire service, and emergency medical service topics.
- Wide array of training opportunities originating both in-state and nationally.
- National training opportunities include offerings from the FBI Academy, National Fire Academy, National Institute of Corrections, California Training Post Satellite Training System, Emergency Net.
- Access to other ETV services such as program production, the audio bridge, technical advice, and a host of others.
- Access to the many higher education courses offered by both four-year and two-year institutions in our state so you may work toward your degree in your home county.
- Instant sharing of vital information with your colleagues around the state and nation.
- In-state training opportunities include offerings from the S.C. Criminal Justice Academy, S.C. Fire Academy, technical colleges, four-year colleges and universities, and many others.
- PSN Programming
- South Carolina Training Resources for Public Health, Terrorism & Disaster Preparedness
- ETV Satellite Technology Transition
For more information, contact:
Voice: (803) 737-8292
Fax: (803) 737-3435