ETV Satellite Installation Questions
What programming will my hospital receive with an ETV satellite dish?
- CDC emergency and informational updates
- All DHEC and AHEC programming
- College Courses including a RN to BSN degree, Master Courses in Nursing, Social Work, Public Health and Business - students need to register and pay tuition to receive credit
- Associate degree classes in Pharmacy Tech and traditional classes - need to register etc.
- USC Medical School Grand Rounds in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
- MUSC Pharmacy Updates
- ETV can downlink other needed programs from other satellites and send them to you.
How can my hospital get an ETV satellite dish?
- Call Carolyn Holderman, Director of Higher and Medical Education at 803-737-3447 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask for a site survey. An ETV technician will come to your facility for a technical site visit. He will help you decide where to locate your dish during his technical assessment.
What will satellite installation cost?
- After the site visit, you will receive a cost estimate. Generally a dish mounted on the ground will cost between $3,000 and $3,500.
- A dish on your facilities roof will cost about $4,000 - $4,500.
Will the dish installation interfere will existing wiring?
- ETV requires that your maintenance department run all coax cable within your facility to ensure security of existing equipment.
Will a dish on the roof penetrate our roof?
- No, ETV weighs the dish will 60 lb. concrete blocks. Weight on your roof will not exceed 60 lbs per square foot.
For more information, contact: