Knowitall brings you an abundance of content for Women’s History and National Nutrition Month —and it’s all so easy to locate—just a few clicks away! We also have numerous...
StreamlineSC Service Update + NEW ETV Education Site
ETV has provided a wealth of free digital media content to SC schools through the StreamlineSC service for over a dozen years. StreamlineSC has gone through upgrades and changes along the way, but now the need is trending for one-to-one lessons.
Though StreamlineSC with Learn360 national content will be ending after this current school year, ETV will continue to make available free, multimedia educational content through PBS LearningMedia and Knowitall.org. And, popular national programming such as The Magic School Bus will still be available!
Also, with the new ETV Education site to be rolled out in the next few months, SC educators will be able to find content and professional development easily, plus the ETV Education blog with current information will be “right at your fingertips!”
Here’s what you need to know!
- Due to funding decreases and new ETV services on the horizon, Learn360 will no longer be provided through ETV AFTER the end of the 2016-17 school year. The national content provided by current partner Learn360 will continue to be available until August 2017. Learn360 is working with the state to become a state vendor; districts and schools that would like to continue with Learn360 after the state contract expires can work with them for pricing.
- Though the free access to national Learn360 content is ending, SC educators will still be able to access or keep the “locally-produced” or “local” content provided by ETV that they currently use in StreamlineSC. This list of “local” content that you may keep if you have downloaded or copied can be found on the ETV StreamlineSC home page: http://legacy.scetv.org/education/streamlinesc/
- SC educators still have access to all the content in Knowitall.org! The “local” content currently accessed in StreamlineSC will be part of ETV’s Knowitall.org, which also features SC media content created by ETV for K-12 students, teachers and parents, all optimized for tablets and mobile devices. Some “local” content in StreamlineSC is already available in Knowitall and more is being added every day! https://www.knowitall.org/collections/etv-streamlinesc
- Also, ETV will continue to make available popular national series such as The Magic School Bus!
- Plus, SC educators will have access to the national content contained in PBS LearningMedia.org - 80,000+ research-based, classroom-ready digital learning assets drawn from critically acclaimed PBS programs and expert content contributors.
Here’s what you need to do!
- Evaluate the video resources you have downloaded or copied from Learn360, deleting or destroying Learn360 national content (content that is NOT local content) by August 1, 2017.
- The national content provided by Learn360 will NO LONGER be available to SC educators through ETV after August 1, 2017. You will be in violation of copyright if you keep these after this deadline. Therefore, if content you have downloaded or copied that is NOT on the “locally-produced” content list or has an ETV copyright, you need to delete/destroy it.
- “Locally-produced” or “local” refers to programs and series produced by ETV or by ETV with other entities. In addition, some national content that we have rights to continue to offer will still be available. Examples: Detective Bonz and the SC History Mystery, A Literary Tour of SC, Carolina Stories, Healthy Hannah, Palmetto Heritage, Idella Bodie’s SC Women, NatureScene, South Carolina Geography, Cursive Handwriting, Letter TV, and PD on a variety of subjects
- If you have downloaded or copied ETV “local” programs/series, you may keep these for educational use. These do not have to be deleted or erased. List of these can be found on the StreamlineSC home page: http://legacy.scetv.org/education/streamlinesc/
Here’s what you need to remember!
- ETV has many services SC educators can utilize! ETV Education is currently beta testing our newest service – LearningWhy, offering complete preK-12 lessons for one-to-one environments. The full version should be ready fall 2017. And, we continue to provide quality PD through our online Teacher Courses and our face-to-face trainings for schools and districts.
VISIT: scetv.org/education to find out more about our services available to SC educators.
- National Learn360 content remains available in StreamlineSC until August 2017.
- Any files of Learn360 content that SC educators have downloaded/copied from the site need to be deleted/erased by August 2017. (Only ‘local’ content may be kept. List is provided on StreamlineSC homepage.)
Questions or Concerns? Please contact us:
(Toll-free) 800-277-3245 (Local) 803-737-3245 firstname.lastname@example.org