Each year ETV Education surveys SC teachers, staff and administrators to learn best how to serve you. Based on educator input, ETV has created LearningWhy with complete...
ETV Highlights for May 2016
PBS Kids highlights:
-Week of May 9: Thomas & Friends new programs premiere all week! Airs weekdays at 12:30 on ETV; Saturdays at 6:00 a.m. on ETV. Also airs Saturdays at 9:00 a.m. on ETVW
-Week of May 9: Super Why! presents four new episodes! Airs weekdays at noon on ETV.
-Week of May 23: Arthur presents a week of all new episodes, concluding with “The Last Day,” a full half-hour story about the kids’ final day in Mr. Ratburn’s third grade class. Airs weekdays at 3:00 p.m. on ETV. Also airs weekdays at 6:00 p.m. on SCC.
From the Jazz Age to the Digital Age: Pulitzer Prize Winners in SC (3 episodes)
Celebrating Pulitzer Commentary with Kathleen Parker and Jim Hoagland
- Features commentary from living Pulitzer Prize commenters and columnists, Kathleen Parker and Jim Hoagland, both of the Washington Post.
- Airs on ETV: May 5 at 8:00 p.m., May 8 at 4:00 p.m., May 9 at 12 a.m., and May 10 at 5:30 a.m. Also airs on SCC: May 9 at 8:00 p.m.
Celebrating Pulitzer Public Service Journalism with the Charleston Post and Courier
- South Carolina’s living Pulitzer Prize winning reporters, Glenn Smith, Jennifer Berry-Hawes, and Natalie Caula-Hauff, discuss their work with the Charleston Post and Courier.
- Airs on ETV: May 12 at 8:00 p.m., May 14 at 4:00 p.m., May 16 at 12 a.m., and May 17 at 5:30 a.m. Also airs on SCC: May 16 at 8:00 p.m.
Celebrating Pulitzer Novelist Julia Peterkin (with host Beryl Dakers)
- The last of the three programs will explore the significance and lasting impact of the late Julia Peterkin, SC’s only recipient of the Pulitzer Prize in literature.
- Airs on ETV: May 19 at 8:00 p.m., May 22 at 4:00 p.m., May 23 at 12 a.m., and May 24 at 5:30 a.m. Also airs on SCC: May 23 at 8:00 p.m.
May 12 at 8:30 p.m. and May 15 at 4:30 p.m. on ETV: Carolina Stories – Pages of History: The First 200 Years of the Charleston Post & Courier
Explore the acclaimed Charleston Post & Courier which began in the SC city back in 1803 and continues to be published today. Also airs May 16 at 8:30 p.m. on SCC.
Genius by Stephen Hawking
In this series, Stephen Hawking challenges ordinary people to determine our origins, our abilities, and our place in the cosmos. What for these premiere programs on ETV!
-Can We Time Travel? May 18 at 9:00 p.m. on ETV
-Are We Alone? May 18 at 10:00 p.m. on ETV
-Why Are We Here? May, 25 at 9:00 p.m. on ETV
-Where Did The Universe Come From? May 25 at 10:00 p.m. on ETV
For additional air times, please visit: scetv.org/tv-schedule
Palmetto Scene, ETV’s weekly magazine-style series, airs each Thursday at 7:30 p.m. and focuses on S.C. arts and culture, business and economy, education, health, politics, and technology.
Palmetto Scene – Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on ETV:
May 5 – Topics include: Teen Dating Violence; New Winthrop President; Summer Camps for Kids
May 12 – Topics include: Sustainability at Biltmore Estates; Morihiko Nakahara of the SC Philharmonic
May 19 – Topics include: Public affairs stories from across S.C.
May 26 – Topics include: Charles Bierbauer and Washington Post columnist Jim Hoagland talk presidential politics.
In addition to viewing the broadcast programs, you are invited to access the Palmetto Scene program segments archived online in streaming format. Visit palmettoscene.org.
To see full listings and schedule changes for ETV-HD, the SC Channel (SCC) and ETV World (ETVW): scetv.org/tv-schedule